Here are some highlights from 2016!
Implementation of The Heart Truth Grant in conjunction with the NIH
- Over 287 women participated in 9-week curriculum series and screenings at 25 community sites.
- 45 Heart Truth related events held, reaching a total of 31,665 women
- 15,000 reached through social media.
Women Take Heart Focus Group
Women Take Heart led focus groups to understand barriers and facilitators to sustainable weight loss
- 35 women participated in communities across South King County
- 1 focus group conducted in Spanish; 3 focus groups in English
- provided the impetus for us to develop a multi-level intervention for reducing obesity, currently underway
•Over 26,800 individuals reached since 2012
•Extending Boys & Girls Clubs partnerships into Whatcom, King, and Pierce Counties
•21 AEDs donated to date
•Conducted needs assessment of CPR in schools
•Heart Restart pilot in Renton’s Hazen High School
Partnership with the Bennett Foundation for Family Health & Fitness Nights
- Hope & Bennett partnership featured on KING 5’s Evening Magazine
February partnership with Renton Fire & Emergency Services and the Renton School District for heart health screenings.
•25 schools participated
•52 school & community events
•6490 individuals reached
•1000 viewed a live hands-only CPR demo
•Provided BP screenings to 3794 individuals
Successful 2nd Annual Hope Happy Hour raising $35,000
Hope Heart fellow, Kerryn Reding, reports on her research at national conference
- Presented the use of a multi-level intervention at the school, community, and individual level to reduce obesity to The Council for the Advancement of Nursing Science September 2016 meeting in Washington, DC.
Youth Take Heart Curriculum summer partnership with Washington Boys & Girls Clubs, featured on Q13 TV.
Successful 2nd Annual Take Heart Luncheon raising $130,000
Teen Take Heart Highlights
- 852 Students at 14 schools participated in Teen Take Heart
- The Teen Take Heart intervention (curriculum) was an effective and well received intervention to improve behavioral intentions in this group of adolescents.
- Change scores (pretest-posttest) scores indicate statistically significant improvement in the areas of attitude, subjective norms, and knowledge. Overall, student scores improved on the Adolescent Healthy Heart Survey.
Launch of Run for Hope sponsored by Brooks
Successful On Wings of Hope Gala raising $300,000
Partnership with South Park Information And Resource Center and Western WA – NAHN to certify 11 members from the South Park Promotoras Comunitarias group.
Participation in the 2016 Safeway Supermarket Sweeps!
On Wings of Hope
Saturday, February 11, 2017
Don your denim and boots! On Wings of Hope Goes Country!
Cocktails, Dinner and Auction
Boot Scootin' with Aaron Crawford
Pickering Barn, Issaquah, WA
100% of net proceeds will support the residents of Washington State by investing in research, outreach and education to prevent cardiovascular disease.
Kendra Scott Gives Back to The Hope
January 26, 12017
20% of all retail sales from the Bellevue store or phoned in to the Bellevue store on January 26 will be donated to The Hope.
Attend the in store party from 6pm – 8pm, shop anytime in the store that day, or call in your order to 425.278.9521 to lend your support to The Hope!