2016 Is the Year for ‘All-Year’s’ Resolutions
If a healthy lifestyle, exercise, and overall wellness tops your resolution list for 2016,you’re not alone. The majority of us lumber into a new year with the lingering regrets of a holiday season full of excess and indulgence and ready to turn over a new leaf come January 1. Whether it be to quit smoking, lose a few of those unwanted pounds, or incorporate stress-reducing techniques into our daily routine, we all want to start and end the year on the right foot!
Statistics show that the vast majority of New Year’s resolutions are abandoned within a few weeks. To keep your enthusiasm all year long, keep it S.M.A.R.T and take a look at these tips for identifying and sticking with positive life changes:
Specific Measurable Attainable Realistic Time-bound
- Don’t abandon the idea of setting resolutions because you have broken them in the past. You may need to simply readjust the type and number of goals you’re setting for yourself.
- Break your goal into a series of steps, focusing on creating sub-goals that are concrete, measurable, and time-based.
- Regularly remind yourself of the benefits associated with achieving your goals.
- Don’t keep your resolution a secret. Tell friends and family members who will be there to support your resolve to change yourself for the better or improve your health.
- Find a buddy who shares your New Year’s resolution and motivate each other.
Good luck turning your New Year’s resolution into an All-Year resolution and
have a safe, healthy, and happy 2016!
The Hope’s Top 10 for 2015!
2015 was a great year for The Hope. Through your generous support, we have been able to make a positive impact in changing the course of cardiovascular disease in our community. Thank you to all! Here are a few stand-out highlights of the year.
- Reached 9,862 students with 126,630 instructional hours through our school based programs.
- Partnered with the Bellevue Boys & Girls Club and raised funds to equip 5 more of their locations with automated external defibrillator’s (AED's) and provide ongoing training for 169 staff and volunteer coaches.
- Went on the “DEFENSIVE” to “END” cardiovascular disease with Michael Bennett, Safeway and the Seahawks! With great appreciation to The Bennett Foundation gift of $10,000 and to the Safeway Seahawk Supermarket Sweep donation of $20,000 to The Hope!
- Aligned our Kids and Youth Take Heart programs with Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards.
- Recognized co-founder Dr. Mark Dedomenico with the first annual Changing the Course Award.
- The Hope was 1 of 4 recipients of the Heart Truth Grant from the Foundations of the National Institutes of Health. This grant will allow us to educate more than 22,000 local women through our Women Take Heart program.
- Began partnership with University of Washington School of Nursing to fund a Woman Take Heart community based research study.
- Launched the first annual Take Heart luncheon welcoming 350 guests and raising $130,000 to change the course of cardiovascular disease!
- Improved our capacity with a new strategic plan, updated strategic programs, communications and fundraising plans through the support of Arryve Consulting and The Satterberg Foundation grant.
- Launched the Sauvage Research Fund - This fund will support research focusing on patient support/education and advances to cardiovascular disease treatment using innovative techniques and collaborations. The first recipient of The Sauvage Research Fund is Holly Wei, a PhD candidate whose research study focuses on parents' experiences when caring for a child who has congenital heart disease and requires heart surgery.
COME TOGETHER for an evening of far out auction experiences, fantabulous food and rad music to raise funds and awareness to WIPE OUT cardiovascular disease.
Friday, January 29, 201
Showbox SoDo, Seattle WA
It’s rock and roll fun and nightclub chic at The Hope’s signature party of the year! Get your Tickets today!
We want to say a very big “Thank You!” to our Legend Sponsor: Competition Specialties and lead sponsors: Talking Rain, Alaskan Observers, Columbia Distributing, EMC² and Albertsons Safeway. You make On Wings of Hope possible!